2) Import Citations as an RIS file into EndNote
In your EndNote library, prepare to import the citations:
- Step 1- Go to File in the top left hand corner of EndNote. Scroll down and click Import. Then click File, to open a file.
- Step 2- Browse for and select the scopus.ris file you had just saved on your computer according to the instructions in the "Find and Save Citations as a Text File" section above. A pop-up box called Import File will appear.
- Step 3- In this pop-up box, select the arrow beside the Import Option dropdown. In this dropdown, scroll through and select Reference Manager (RIS)
- Step 4- Select the arrow for the dropdown beside Text Translation. Scroll down and choose Unicode UTF-8
- Step 5- Ensure sure you have: attached the .ris file of your references, changed Import Option to Reference Manager (RIS), and changed Text Translation to Unicode (UTF-8) by following steps 2 – 4 above
- Step 6- Click Import button at the bottom of the pop-up box. Your references will appear in your Imported References folder, which is located in the left-hand side menu in EndNote X8.