Alternatively, you can save a copy of your chosen citations as a separate file before importing them into EndNote:
1) Find and Save Citations as a Text File
- Export your citations to a .txt file. Select "Plain Text" and "Include Abstract".
- Then, save the .txt file.
2) Import Citations as Text Files into EndNote
In your EndNote library, prepare to import the citations:
- Step 1- Go to File in the top left hand corner of EndNote. Scroll down and click Import. Then click File, to open a file.
- Step 2- Browse for and select the .txt file you had just saved on your computer according to the instructions in the "Find and Save Citations as a Text File" section above. A pop-up box called Import File will appear.
- Step 3- In this pop-up box, select the arrow beside the Import Option dropdown. In this dropdown, scroll through and select Cochrane Library (Wiley). This may be listed under Other Filters.
- Step 4- Select the arrow for the dropdown beside Text Translation. Scroll down and choose Unicode UTF-8
- Step 5- Ensure you have: attached the .txt file of your references, changed Import Option to Cochrane Library (Wiley), and changed Text Translation to Unicode (UTF-8) by following steps 2 – 4 above
- Step 6- Click Import button at the bottom of the pop-up box. Your references will appear in your Imported References folder, which is located in the left-hand side menu in EndNote X8.