To access Investext, open Mergent Online and select the the second last tab on the right.
You can use Investext for a wide range of Company and Industry research.
When researching M&A transactions, start from the search screen:
- Select your date range -- the default is the past 12 months
- In Search Criteria, click on Subject and then click the 'Use Subject Lookup' link
- From the Subject options, select 'Merger/Acquisition/Divestiture'
- this will add it as a search term, then click Submit to see number of results
- To filter further, options include the following criteria:
- Region or Country (eg. Canada)
- specific Companies (lookup by name or ticker)
- Contributor allows you to search or browse by the company providing the analyst reports (eg. RBC Capital Markets, Deutsche Bank)
- When you open the 'Contributor Lookup', you can use the Search box at the top of the pop-up to search for a specific Investment company or bank
- Industry (search or browse)
- Keyword to search for terms that appear in the full-text of the reports
- Each time you add another filter, click Submit to see how many results you have narrowed to
- You can delete any filter by clicking the 'x' beside it
- Be sure to click Submit again after deleting filters to refresh your results
Once you've finished filtering your search, click View to see the list of reports
- Click on the pdf icon beside any report to open and/or download it
To modify your search or to start over, click on either 'New Search' or 'Modify' in the upper left