✿ Omeka with MyMedia
For interviews, we upload video recordings (moving images) to MyMedia to store the files and include links when you create Items in Omeka S.
✿ Create a New Item
You need to enter information for the following four sections: Values, Media, Item sets, and Thumbnail.
Please see a sample entry for the Values section below.
1) Go to MyMedia and sign in with your class username and password.
2) Click Upload Media
3) Once uploading the file, check the Sharing option.
You can make it available when your professor's project has been approved by the University of Toronto's Human Research Ethics Unit.
1) Choose Items under RESOURCES (on the left) and
2) Click Add new item (at the top right corner).
3) To add a video, select Queer Peel: Oral History Interview for your Resource template and choose Moving Image for the Class.
4) Add metadata.
1) To upload an audio file, choose Media and HTML. After entering the title, click Source.
2) Copy and paste Embed Code from your MyMedia page.
1) Choose an item set so that Omeka can pull the information to the webpage.
Don't forget to click Add at the top right corner of the page.