Bloomberg Intelligence covers more than 200 industries. It offers:
- Independent, in-depth industry research by Bloomberg analysts, updated on an ongoing basis
- Proprietary and third-party data, including market share, sales and other hard-to-find data for companies within an industry
- Shortcuts to industry news and comps
Type BI in the search bar to access Bloomberg Intelligence. Use the menu to drill down to your industry and a dashboard specific to that industry will load. Alternatively, search for a keyword; results will be grouped by 'Research' or 'Data'.
Within an industry dashboard, there are three sections:
- Research: Click on 'Industry' to see briefings and insights on key themes or trends within a given industry.
- Many of the graphs and tables in these reports can be downloaded separately or link to other Bloomberg applications
- Data Library: This will include market share, macro economic and non-economic drivers, industry-specific data, cost data and more.
- Monitor: This includes links to industry news and research reports ('News/Research') and comparative data for key industry players ('Comp charts')
Bloomberg is also an excellent source of news about industries. News can be accessed through the Monitor section of a dashboard or by using the command N (general news) or NI + 'subject', e.g NI automotive.
Bloomberg is normally only available in the FLC on our three terminals. To request an account, please contact email@example.com