Choose a subject to focus your results if you get too many books that look off topic. For example, use women:
Use sort to get the most recent books first. Click on the 'Publication Date' down arrow.
1. Look up the title in the library catalogue.
2. Holdings tells you what library it is in, as well as the call number. Note the call number: E99 .M68 J667 2013
3. Enter the elevators on the 1st floor of Robarts Library.
The books at Robarts are on the 9th to 13th floor. You can tell which floor you need by the letters at the beginning of the call number. A chart on the elevator tells you which call numbers are on which floor. http://onesearch.library.utoronto.ca/robarts-stack-guide In this case, E is on the 10th floor, with most other history books.
4. Once you are on the floor, find the section with the correct letters. Then work your way through each line of the call number.
5. To sign out your book, take it back to the 1st floor and use one of the automatic machines. If you need help, ask at the loan services desk.
University of Toronto Libraries
130 St. George St.,Toronto, ON, M5S 1A5
About web accessibility. Tell us about a web accessibility problem.
About online privacy and data collection.
© University of Toronto. All rights reserved. Terms and conditions.