Skip to Main Content
Web of Science Quick Link
Search Web of Science
- From the library homepage, select Databases, then Popular Databases.
- Select Web of Science: Core Collection from the list of popular databases.
- Enter your search terms.
- Note that the default search field is topic. The search field can be changed using the drop-down menu.
- You can also add additional terms and fields if needed.
- View your results
- The number of results retrieved will be listed at the top left of your screen.
- To refine the number of results use the options on the left side column, such as publication date, research areas and authors
- You can also narrow your search by adding additional search terms into the Refine Results search box
- View a record
- There is a lot of information on this page including:
- a link to the fulltext (if available)
- link to the author's other publications (click on the author name)
- full citation information
- keywords (these could be used to refine the search)
- the number of times this article has been cited by other articles
- the number of references contained in this article
- a link to related articles based on common references