- What is the geographic area and scale you are looking at?
- a country, region, city, neighbourhood, a park, etc.
- What are your expectations about Data Availability?
- Tip: Be prepared to make some adjustments.
- Not all places will have the same data available.It can vary by place, and time series.
- What would you like to do with the data?
- Make maps, charts, graphs, etc.
- What software are you using? Is the Data available in compatible formats?
- GRASS, QGIS, ArcGIS, R, Excel,etc.
Tip: Any dataset which has geographic attributes (For example: columns with street addresses, place names, postal codes, coordinates, etc) can be used in a GIS application.