Environmental Studies in Video contains 500 hours of film covering all realms of environmental studies, particularly ethics, policy, economics, law, sociology, planning, and environmental science. Films were produced from 1970 to the present, and address specific topics including alternative energy, pollution control, eco-design, sustainability, farming and agriculture, the food industry, LEED certification, waste issues, and climate change. This internationally focused collection highlights issues from dozens of countries across all seven continents. Users can examine environmental factors across all of Antarctica (Antarctica: The Game on Ice), Africa (Greening Africa), and Latin America (Eco Adventures in Latin America) and in specific countries including Egypt, Bangladesh, China, and France.
Noteworthy titles include:
- Architects of Change: A Ciné Fête series profiling the pioneers who are seeking innovative solutions to protect our planet’s future.
- Arctic Territories: A series portraying Canada’s efforts to protect the Arctic in the face of threatening environmental and political forces.
- Award-winning films from Josh and Rebecca Tickell, including The Big Fix (Official Selection, Cannes Film Festival), Fuel (Best Documentary, Sundance Film Festival), and Freedom.
- Sustainable Futuresa: A Switch International series examining the impact of human actions on people, animals, plants, and landscapes around the world.
- Additional major broadcast series Nature Inc., Green Matters, and BBC’s Panorama.