Start at the library homepage
To narrow your search results, use some of the options on the left hand side of the search results page:
Click on 'Publication Date' to reorder the list with the most recently published books at the top.
Scroll down to the yellow Language tab on the left. Click the + sign to right to expand the list. Click 'View more' to see all the languages appearing in your results.
1. The number in the first column is the call number. It's found on the spine of the book & the book is organized on the shelf according to this number.
2. The second column tells you which library the book is held in.
3. The third column tells you where in the library the book is located e.g. stacks
4. The button tells you if the book is available.
5. The button is where you click to connect to an online resource. If you are connecting from off campus you will be prompted to enter your UTORid & password.
6. The button allows you to read reviews or the table of contents of a book if they are available.
Borrow books & articles from other institutions by placing an interlibrary loan. To browse other libraries' holdings, try searching WorldCat. As a member of the Center for Research Libraries, U of T users can also request items from the CRL's collection.
To request an interlibrary loan, start by registering for RACER.
Once you have registered & logged in, click where it says 'Blank request form' on the far left of the screen. Fill out the form with as much detail as you can & submit.
University of Toronto Libraries
130 St. George St.,Toronto, ON, M5S 1A5
About web accessibility. Tell us about a web accessibility problem.
About online privacy and data collection.
© University of Toronto. All rights reserved.