Skip to main content

Research Guides

Government publications: Where to start

United Kingdom documents

Many British government publications are held in paper and the Library catalogue can be a useful starting point. The largest set of documents is the the Parliamentary (sessional) papers set listed below.


House of Commons Parliamentary Papers

  • 1715 - present; some additional materials go back to 1660
  • links to the full-text documents online
  • Before 1921 almost all important government documents were presented to Parliament for their consideration, and are thus included in this set.

Other helpful guides