How to access the collection
1. Read and agree to the term of use statement
2. From anywhere on the HathiTrust website, click the yellow LOG IN button.
3. Find and select the University of Toronto in the list of partner institutions.
4. Log in with your UTORid and password.
5. When you have logged in, you will be returned to the HathiTrust website, where you can search the HathiTrust collection.
6. In your search results, look for items labeled Temporary Access.
Key features include:
— over 6,000 A-to-Z articles from the Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls to The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Books of the Bible
— Six Oxford editions of the Bible, as well as the books Apocryphal New Testament and Apocryphal Old Testament and the entirety of Oxford Bible Commentary, with the ability to compare bibles and biblical commentaries
— Two concordances with special functionality: New American Bible Concise Concordance and Concise Concordance to the NRSV
— 5,000 A-Z reference entries, including content from the forthcoming Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible (2011)
— Materials providing visual, geographic, and social perspectives on biblical studies, including full-color maps and hundreds of illustrations
— Timelines of biblical rulers and biblical history and links to relevant content within the site
Provides accessible and well-researched biographies of a wide range of figures, from Buddhist masters to artists and political officials; most essays are peer reviewed. Content is enhanced by a dynamic map of Asia.