Visit theta360.com for more information about the Theta S. Download the app here.
Instructions for Use
- Install the Theta app on your computer (used to convert videos for uploading).
- Install the Theta mobile app on your phone (optional - used as a remote control for the camera and to preview the image).
- Charge the Theta camera by connecting it to USB.
Connect to the camera (optional - just before recording)
The camera works as a standalone device and doesn't require the use of an app to operate it. The Theta mobile app provides additional features including the ability to use your mobile phone as a remote control to snap photos and video.
- Press the ‘wifi’ button on the Theta to enable wifi.
- Connect with your phone to the special network that the Theta creates.
- Open the Theta app and make sure it finds the Theta camera on the network.
Take the video/snap a photo
- Position the camera.
- Start recording (or snap a photo) using the app, or select still/video and then press the shutter button on the camera.
Transfer to your computer
- Connect the camera to your computer via the USB cable.
- Open your photo app (e.g. Image Capture on macOS) and copy the video file.
- Use the Theta app on your computer to view or convert the transferred images.
Don't forget to delete your photos from the camera before you return it to the library!
How-To Share Theta S 360 Videos on YouTube
Once you have transferred a video recording to you computer from the camera, follow these steps to share it on YouTube.
- Open the Ricoh Theta app on your computer. Convert the video file and save the converted copy.
- In your web browser, navigate to YouTube. You will need to be logged in with your account. Click the Upload icon.
- Drag the converted video into the upload area on the site.
How to view the video on YouTube
The Chrome browser for PC and Mac is compatible with YouTube's 360 video viewer.
You can also use the YouTube app on Android or iOS to view it as a 360 video, in 'first-person' mode, where the viewpoint follows the motion of your device. The YouTube app also has a Cardboard mode, that lets you view the video in pseudo-stereoscopic 3D with a Cardboard headset.
Product Safety Information
- Do not attempt to disassemble, repair or alter the equipment yourself. The high-voltage circuitry in the equipment poses significant electrical hazard.
- Stop use immediately if you notice something unusual such as an abnormal smell, smoke, or overheating. Please ask your nearest dealer or service center for repair.
- Turn off the power immediately if any metallic object, water, liquid or other foreign object gets into the camera. And contact the nearest service center. Do not continue using the machine if it has a failure or malfunction.
- Keep the equipment out of the reach of children. Young children cannot understand the information in Safety Precautions and Cautions on Use, which may cause an accident.
- Do not touch the internal components of the equipment if they become exposed as a result of being dropped or damaged. The high-voltage circuitry in the equipment could lead to an electric shock. Contact your nearest dealer or service center if it is damaged.
- Do not use the equipment near flammable gases, gasoline, benzene, thinner or similar substances to avoid the risk of explosion, fire or burns.
- Do not use the equipment in locations such as airplanes where usage is restricted or prohibited as this may lead to disasters or accidents.
- Stop charging if the charging does not complete within the specified charging time.
- Never put the battery in a microwave oven or high-pressure container.
- Contact with fluid leaking from the battery in the camera can lead to burns. If you touch the fluid, rinse the area with water immediately. (Do not use soap.) And contact the nearest service center. Do not continue using the machine if it has a failure or malfunction.
- Do not get the camera wet. In addition, do not operate it with wet hands. Both pose the risk of electric shock.
- Do not use it wrapped in a cloth, etc. Doing so may cause a fire.
- Do not allow the metal of the terminals to short circuit. Doing so may cause a fire.
- Do not use it in wet places like kitchens where it will be exposed to oily smoke and humidity. Doing so may cause a fire or electric shock.
Ricoh Company, Ltd. (2015). Safety Precautions. Retrieved from: https://theta360.com/en/support/manual/s/content/add_info/add_info_05.html